This article is one of the Oracle Application Test Suite (OATS) series on Xml and More, which began with the following articles:
In this article, we will show you:
- How to set up databanks in OpenScript
- How to configure scripts to use databanks
- SALESREPUSER00001 /Welcome1
This brings up Substitue Variable window. Next we need to add new databank before we can use it for variable substitution.
Note that before we started OpenScript, we have copied an existing databank named UserName.csv in the the subfolder of our workspace (i.e., FUSE_Saleopty_oct07_wrk). Therefore, you have seen it appearing in the right panel. For our script, we have chosen to store our databank "Relative to current script".
After adding new databank, the value of userid has been updated to:
Finishing variable substitution, a new node (i.e., GetNextDatabankRecord) was shown next to "Run" node.
You can click on the new node to edit it. But, the default (i..e, Next Record) works for us.
After we have configured our script to use databank, we can test it using "Iterate" playback.
Clicking on the Iterate button, this allows you to specify how many iterations you want to test. In the following example, we have set it to be three times.
After testing our script running OK in the OpenScript (which runs on Windows only), we proceed with the following steps:
- Export script to a ZIP archive (i.e., FUSE_Saleopty_oct08_wrk.zip)
- Copy the ZIP archive file to the Oracle Load Testing (OLT) server (which runs on Linux)
- In OLT, we have imported the OpenScript ZIP to a scenario.
- After setting up Autopilot, we have run load testings using the databank to feed CRM FUSE with different users.
A new article describing the above steps will be posted in the future given time permitted.
- Oracle Application Testing Suite
- Auto-Correlating Session IDs in Oracle Application Test Suite (OATS) (Xml and More)
- Removing "Compatibility setting is not supported" Warning before You Do OpenScript Recording
- OpenScript for Load Testing Script Troubleshooting (Tutorial)
- OpenScript is a scripting platform for creating automated test scripts in Java.
- Version: 220.127.116.11 Build 376 was used in this discussion.